A Little Motivation

Before I begin, I want to ask you all a simple question: If today was your last day on Earth, what would you want to be doing?

Now, I don't mind if your answer is as adventurous as going skydiving or even as simple as watching Netflix. Whatever it is, why can't you be doing that right now?

Based on prior knowledge, I'm assuming that most of you will say something along the lines of "I don't have the money" or the classic "I need to study". Yes, these are all valid reasons for why you can't be pursuing your dreams right now, but they can't be constant excuses.

As a fellow junior in high school, I get it. Life is stressful! We have huge standardized tests along with AP classes and extracurriculars and finding time for everything is difficult. However, in the midst of this madness, it is important that we also find a balance.
"The capital-T Truth is about life before death." - David Foster Wallace
Just like Wallace says, don't get too caught up in life that you forget what living even means. There's more to life than school and homework. By any means, I'm not telling you to use this blog post as an excuse to slack off in your classes (please don't do that!). Rather, I want to tell you all that it's okay to put that textbook down once in a while to go do something that you find worthwhile - whether that be learning a new song on your ukulele or riding a unicycle. To each his own; find your passion.

 Before I end, I want to remind you to take care of yourself. This is going to be a stressful year, there's no doubt about it, but I know you can all do it. Don't ever let negativity take over and remember to always put your best foot forward. Whatever you end up doing, good luck; you're going to do amazing:)

One of my balances: dance!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

tbh!

What's in a Name?

#Relationshipgoals?