Pet Peeves
Instead of my usual blog structure, I have decided to start this post off with a quote:
I definitely have a lot of pet peeves. My biggest one, by far, is cocky people, but I also have problems with the fact that most jeans for women have 2 cm deep pockets. Seeing as these petty ideas seem to peeve me (haha see what I did there), I decided to try and see how many pet peeves I could think of in two minutes. I came up with 30, which may not seem like a lot, but that's about one every 4 seconds.
As a comparison, I tried repeating the same activity, but instead, I wanted to see how many things I could think of that I was grateful for in two minutes. This time, I was only able to come up with 12, which is about one every 10 seconds. Now, don't get me wrong, I have a lot more than 12 things to be grateful for, but this exercise really got me thinking. Why was it so much easier for me to think of an annoyance than it was to think of something I was grateful for?
Unsurprisingly, another one of my pet peeves is people who complain about everything. I don't enjoy a constant flow of negativity because it makes me feel unmotivated. However, maybe I was unconsciously being one of these "complainers", especially seeing how easy it was for me to think of so many pet peeves in such a short time. Or maybe, it's just easier for me to be annoyed at something rather than to turn it into something positive.
To be honest, I'm not really sure what the exact point of this post is, but I think the main idea is to simply see the positivity that revolves around you. Perhaps it's my optimism speaking, but I think we get caught up in the negative too often. Obviously, I won't like it if I'm wearing pocketless jeans while talking to the cockiest person in the world, but I shouldn't let a situation like that ruin my day. Try not to focus on the pet peeves of the day; they shouldn't be able to replace all of the great memories you have:)
P.S. Let me know about your biggest pet peeves in the comments below!
"I wish you would ever write me a Letter half as long as I write you..." - Abigail AdamsWhen I first read this, I was reminded of one of my biggest pet peeves: writing a long paragraph over text and getting an uninterested response. It's that feeling that you get when you rant about something that makes your blood boil, and you're hit with an "okay" or "that sucks".
I definitely have a lot of pet peeves. My biggest one, by far, is cocky people, but I also have problems with the fact that most jeans for women have 2 cm deep pockets. Seeing as these petty ideas seem to peeve me (haha see what I did there), I decided to try and see how many pet peeves I could think of in two minutes. I came up with 30, which may not seem like a lot, but that's about one every 4 seconds.
As a comparison, I tried repeating the same activity, but instead, I wanted to see how many things I could think of that I was grateful for in two minutes. This time, I was only able to come up with 12, which is about one every 10 seconds. Now, don't get me wrong, I have a lot more than 12 things to be grateful for, but this exercise really got me thinking. Why was it so much easier for me to think of an annoyance than it was to think of something I was grateful for?
Unsurprisingly, another one of my pet peeves is people who complain about everything. I don't enjoy a constant flow of negativity because it makes me feel unmotivated. However, maybe I was unconsciously being one of these "complainers", especially seeing how easy it was for me to think of so many pet peeves in such a short time. Or maybe, it's just easier for me to be annoyed at something rather than to turn it into something positive.
To be honest, I'm not really sure what the exact point of this post is, but I think the main idea is to simply see the positivity that revolves around you. Perhaps it's my optimism speaking, but I think we get caught up in the negative too often. Obviously, I won't like it if I'm wearing pocketless jeans while talking to the cockiest person in the world, but I shouldn't let a situation like that ruin my day. Try not to focus on the pet peeves of the day; they shouldn't be able to replace all of the great memories you have:)
P.S. Let me know about your biggest pet peeves in the comments below!
![]() |
| Wow! So much room in this pocket! |

This post genuinely brightened my day; thank you for reminding us all to be grateful and optimistic from time to time. :)
ReplyDeleteAw, I'm glad I could help brighten your day Ms. Russel! Thanks for commenting to let me know; it means a lot:)
Delete